Wednesday 18 April 2012

The 30 Beauty Project: Week 10


I started being more fearless

I told myself every morning I was beautiful until I believed it.

Age: 30

Occupation/Passion/What do you do?

Administrative Assistant  

What would you tell your 15 year old self about: (Answer all or as many as you like)

         Beauty will fade, define yourself in other ways

         Fashion have fun and try new things while you can

         Boys don’t take them too seriously

         Love will feel so intense the first time because you never felt that way before but try to keep your head level

         Men should not be any of your concern right now

         Sex not everyone is doing it and even if they are, that doesn’t mean you should. You’ll know when you’re ready, don’t push it. And trust me you’re not ready at 15

         Family you can trust, believe that

         Friends real friends will be there good or bad and you won’t have to work hard to keep them around

         Body Image your body will always change and never look the same, go with the flow. Don’t stress over changes

         Fitness is so important, find something you love and is fun and stick with it.

         Nutrition if your body doesn’t work your life stops. Fuel your body with the best. Treat it like you would a brand new car



What was the one thing you were scared of when you turned 30?  I worried that once I hit 30 it meant I was too old to go out to a bar, too old to date, too old to switch careers, too old for school. Basically, too old. But I’m doing all those things. I’m going to school part-time, I go out to the bar, meet men, date. I may be a slow starter but 30 isn’t really that old.

What’s the best lesson you’ve learned over the years about beauty?

Believing in yourself and that you’re beautiful is more powerful than any make-up or surgery

What do you consider beautiful about yourself?

Last year I started being more fearless, I signed up for school and started putting myself out there to date. I started trying and got off the couch and out of the funk I was in. I smiled more and tried to meet new people and men. My life isn’t even close to over but I was treating it like it was never going to begin, I had to put the effort in to start my life.

What do you consider beautiful about your best friend, which she may not know about herself?

She’s got it figured out. She has the family, the house, the dog and the job. She seems so confident and makes it look easy.



Did you feel you were beautiful at age 10? Yes

Age 15? No

Age 20? No

Do you feel you are beautiful now? Yes

Have you had a moment where you realize beauty may be something other than what the media portrays it as? I worried about that so much when I was in my early 20’s and I never could find my way. I never looked like anyone in the magazine and I couldn’t relate to any movie stars. I had to stop trying to live up to the old man, who picks the models, expectations or lust. I told myself every morning I was beautiful until I believed it.

What do you hope your daughter learns about beauty? If I have a daughter I hope she learns beauty isn’t everything and that’s the biggest secret in the world that no one wants you to know.

 C'mon have some fun, here's the questions fill 'em out CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment